Small Businesses Can Resolve All Disputes Via a Smartphone
Most business owners are small business owners, competing in an ever-more competitive marketplace. There have been some efforts to improve the court system, but it remains archaic and acts in a way that is harmful to the interests of small business owners. Squabble took matters into its own hands and is now the means by which millions are resolving disputes right their smartphones. Squabble enables businesses to maximize efficiency and profitability through the effective use of a mobile app.
PROBLEMS WITH THE TRADITIONAL METHOD
In business, we make contracts to perform — written and verbal promises. Parties making these promises rely upon each other to fulfill them and when one party or the other fails to keep those promises, disputes arise.
These disputes can end up being costly. Supply chains for good and services are interrupted; the injured party must figure out a way to still meet customers’ needs; uncertainty can often lead to lost profits. Lawyers inevitably amble in at great cost and disruption.
Traditionally, in the event of a broken promise (contract breach), one party will hire a lawyer to write some demand letter and begin a negotiation process which may or may not achieve a resolution. When it does not, off to court with a lawsuit…all billable hours and costs are passed onto YOU.
This traditional route has several key disadvantages for business:
- The parties lose command. Lawyers and judges dictate the timing and procedure. Disputes can take months and months to wind through the system.
- The parties lose the ability to communicate in order to resolve the problem. Relationships are ruined.
- The cost of business rises dramatically due to these delays and attorney’s fees.
- Businesses mired in litigation can lose a competitive edge in the marketplace.
This system’s predictable drawbacks interfere with the small business owner as much, or more so, than, say, a multi-national corporation. Typically, small business owners have a narrow supply chain, and have grown their businesses on real relationships. These personal relationships become embattled when business use the traditional route. Lawyers will inform their clients not to discuss the case with the opponents, thus stopping all communication in its tracks.
These days, we compete with not only other local businesses, but also nationwide. Where will you sue if there is a breach of contract? What law will apply? Lawyers efforts may prove futile in compelling other businesses to pay. Through Squabble, everything is simplified into a ridiculously easy process.
Moreover, it can be very problematic to let competition to gain strategic advantage. With Squabble, you’re using a less expensive, uniquely tailored, and more efficient way to resolve the inevitable problems associated with running a small business. American business have been downloading and Squabbling at massive rates through intelligent use of Squabble in order to remain competitive.
AVOID THE LONG BATTLE
Intelligent businesses are often incorporating mandatory resolution through Squabble in their contracts. Squabble is a much more flexible vehicle for resolving business disputes than the navigating the process alone or through a costly attorney. Some advantages of Squabble are:
- Command. Rather than lawyers and judges dictating the pace and tempo of the dispute resolution, you’re in charge! A Squabble Settlement Agreement (“SSA”) is reached only if it is agreeable to both sides, after all issues are revealed during the Squabble. The trigger and method (Squabble) is agreed by the parties in your business contract, and is therefore a known method for which businesses may plan. Even if you don’t put mandatory Squabble dispute resolution in your business agreements, you may nonetheless resolve the dispute on the Squabble platform, which enables you to retain control of your dispute all the way through resolution.
- Actual Dialogue. When mandatory Squabble resolution is incorporated into the contract, the parties expect to keep the dispute de-escalated, and will often delay in the hiring of an outside attorney for a time sufficient to fully explore all possible ways the dispute can be resolved. This affords maximum opportunity to allow a healthy business relationship going forward. Even if you don’t put mandatory Squabble dispute resolution in your business agreements, you may nonetheless resolve the dispute on the Squabble platform, which enables you to resolve the dispute amicably and salvage the business relationship.
- Inventiveness. A talented and trained CSM can assist the parties to craft a workable agreement which may involve ingenious and creative options which are not available in the traditional system. The ability of the CSM to “think outside of the box” is super important to us as a part of his or her training. The traditional process is put on hold in favor of a simpler, more powerful solution – Squabble.
With Squabble, conflict is, at best, prevented, and at worst, put off until Squash to actively pursue peace. Sales contracts and contracts involving construction, and other businesses are, by the thousands, beginning to feature mandatory Squabble clauses that require parties to submit to the Squabble process to resolve their disputes. Whether or not your business has done this – Squabble resolves your dispute. The future for American business must include Squabble resolution to prevent the war.
The Traditional Methods: Arbitration and Court Litigation
- Traditionally, in arbitration there is a one or three arbitrator panel that will issue an “award;” that is, they will decide who wins and who loses, and for how much. This is the same function as the court, with the judge.
- Some think arbitration is faster and more convenient to the parties than is the court system. Others may disagree, as there are lengthy delays which are common to both.
- Some feel arbitration is
less costly than lawsuits. However, arbitration can be equally as expensive, or more expensive than a judge trial because the attorney’s fees are the same, the expert’s costs are the same, and arbitrator must be compensated by the parties.
- Parties to arbitration often worry about the possible influence, through social contacts, promise of future business, or otherwise, that the opponent may have over one or more of the arbitrators. Parties to court cases often find the judge intimidating.
Squabble vs. The Traditional Methods
Clearly, none of the advantages of Squabble: control, constructive dialogue or creativity, is available in the traditional method. Lawyers are litigators, and arbitrators are judges at arbitration.
The traditional way of handling things does not prevent the battle; it only changes its field. On the other hand, Squabble offers many opportunities that the traditional model does not.
- Certified Squabble Mediators (CSMs) do not issue “awards.” They reason with and persuade Squabbling parties to craft a mutually agreeable SSA.
- Squabbles happen quickly. This allows minimum disruption of business.
- Squabble facilitates communication. This allows the real underlying issues to be resolved, thus increasing the chance of future collaboration and business.
- Squabble is done entirely through your phone. This minimizes the disruption to decision-makers.
CSMs are specially trained to assist businesses solve their disputes in the Squabble app. The CSM applies tried and true techniques in dispute resolution to successfully guide the parties to an agreed result. There are no losers in the Squabble process, and often the root cause of the dispute can be identified and resolved so that business may continue in the future. This result is highly unlikely in the traditional model.
Preventing the long war is wayyyyy cheaper than fighting it. Lawyer and/or arbitrator fees are obnoxiously high and unnecessary for our small scale disputes. Anyone who has paid an attorney’s fee in a dispute understands the cost savings and economic advantages of Squabble over declaring war!
Now that war has become inevitable, let’s seize the opportunity for peace, so we can move forward efficiently. Most parties in these battles feel like their resources are spent fighting a prolonged battle rather than making profits.Many have personal interests and emotions invested.
Lawyers who are not also CSMs are trained well to be litigators and to fight for their clients. But, they are the generals in a war that is very profitable to THEM. As a result, most lawyers are not trained in and have no interest in making the peace.
In 2018 though, the CSM certification program began, allowing lawyers, juris doctorates and law students the opportunity to become trained in efficiently and digitally resolving disputes.
CSMs are particularly skilled in navigating impasses that the parties are having a hard time overcoming. Indeed, CSMs view impasse as opportunity.
Often, war can come to an end only after the sides are exhausted, either emotionally or financially, from fighting. If so, Squabble obtain facts at the heart of the dispute and streamlines the process. Thus, even if a lawsuit can not be avoided entirely (and you need to Squash), Squabble can assist in bringing it to an earlier end. This benefits the parties a great deal.
Success in any business dispute is measured by the just peace, which results in the continuing success of the venture. Misunderstandings and personality clashes with the inherent emotional issues they cause must be separated from the truly irreparable conflict. When mutual profit is at stake, it is vital for the parties to move quickly toward a full and fair resolution. A skilled CSM guides this process and makes concrete suggestions to fashion the relationship going forward to prevent future disputes.
So join the thousands of small business owners who have appointed their “Squabble-rep”, created a Squabble account and are now resolving all of their business’ all through their phones.